Did you know Superbowl Sunday is the second largest food consumption day of the year after Thanksgiving? The average American will consume 1200 calories from snacking alone while watching the big game! Whether you’re actually going for the football or just to hang with your friends, chances are you have a party to go to!
“According to NPD Group, a New York market research firm, on Super Bowl Sunday Americans will eat 100 million pounds of chicken wings, 71.4 million pounds of avocados, 45. 8 million pounds of potato chips, 43.2 million pounds of tortilla chips, 13. 2 million pounds of pretzels, and order more than 4.4 million pizzas from Domino’s, Papa Johns and Pizza Hut.”
There is no way around the fact that Super Bowl parties present diet challenges! Follow these FittChick tips and hopefully you can stay on track!
1. Start the weekend off right by eating healthy and getting in your workouts!
2. Don’t starve yourself the day of the party, that will only make you overeat later.
3. Eat a small meal before you go, which can help prevent overindulging on junk food.
4. Plan ahead and bring a healthy food choice such as a veggie platter with low-fat dips, shrimp cocktail, or a huge salad loaded with lean protein.
5. Control your portions! Try and sit away from the food to prevent mindless eating.
6. Choose guacamole over full-fat dips. It’s loaded with nutrients and good fat to fill you up.
7. Don’t drink away your calories! Drink water or other zero calorie liquids, and limit your alcohol intake to just a few.
1. Buffalo Wings are not only deep-fried but can pack nearly 1,700 calories and 50 grams of fat per serving…and that’s before the blue cheese dressing
2. The typical 7-layer dip weighs in a 700 calories and 80grams of fat per serving…and that’s before the chips!
3. Stay away from the candy. If you load up on candy and chocolate you are just wasting empty calories on a treat that’s missing fiber and protein that will keep you full.
4. Nachos can be over 1,000 calories per serving with 107 grams of fat.
Use these FittChick tips and hopefully you can enjoy the game without risking your waistline! TheFittChick will be bringing my own huge salad with shrimp so I am not tempted by the food, and will also be bringing my protein dip as an appetizer so I have veggies and dip to munch on! Check out this link to my Protein Dip…http://www.thefittchick.com/#!thefittfactory/c163
It tastes so good, no one will know it’s not the real thing!